The name of the Society is the Jewish Federation of Victoria and Vancouver Island
Society. Hereinafter referred to as “Federation.”
The purposes of Federation are:
- To fund qualified donees as defined by the Income Tax Act of Canada.
- To provide or to support, for the benefit of the public:
- lectures on educational, cultural, or religious topics of interest to members of the Victoria and Vancouver Island Jewish community;
- artistic, cultural, or educational events representative of the Jewish people within the region, and elsewhere;
- activities educating both Jewish and non-Jewish children about Jewish religion and culture, and about other religions;
- educating Jewish and non-Jewish religious communities and the general public on Vancouver Island about Canadian laws and programs that protect minority rights.
- To serve the Jewish Community of Victoria, Vancouver Island, and Gulf Islands by:
- acting as a representative of the Jewish Community of Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands;
- coordinating and implementing fundraising to finance services and activities of the Jewish community, locally, nationally and internationally;
- coordinating, planning, and supporting social, educational, cultural, health and welfare programs and activities;
- developing leadership in the Jewish Community of Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands;
- maintaining communication and co-ordination with various organizations and individuals concerned with the welfare of the Jewish Community;
- supporting the integrity of Jewish communities locally, provincially, nationally and internationally, with particular regard for the State of Israel.
Click here to download a copy of the JFVVI Constitution and Bylaws.